Monday, January 26, 2009
Vroom! Motorcycle Handle Covers
I hate when I forget to make a post!
I made these this past fall. They're super easy to do -
1. Measure the circumference and the length of the handle being covered.
2. Multiply that by the number of stitches per inch from your normal crochet gauge. In Jiffy Print, the yarn these are made of, that's 3.5 stitches/inch. With a 1.25 inch circumference, that's about 4.2 stitches around, rounded to five to make sure it slides on and off when needed.
3. Using an J hook, chain 5 and join to make a circle.
4. Do single crochet until you have reached the proper length of the cover. In this case, about 4 inches - 4.5 inches.
5. Bind off and go slip them on!